As most of us are only too aware, buying presents for birthdays, Christmas, whatever, can be a real chore at times. Trying to find something that bit different that the recipient will actually like gets harder and harder. Department stores and shopping centres of course are filled with all the “recommended ideal gifts”, but often they’re just not quite right, are they? If you’re the type of person who likes to buy something more original, perhaps quirky or unique, then this week’s Startup of the Week is for you.
Gift Owl is an innovative site which acts like your own “personal gift-hunter”. It’s a fairly straightforward process:
– You buy someone a Gift Owl card for £24.99, which you can have delivered to them with a personalized message or delivered to you to write a message yourself
– Inside the card there is a fun questionnaire which the recipient completes and returns to Gift Owl
– The recipient can complete as much or little of the questionnaire as they like; although obviously the more they tell about themselves, the better
– On receipt of the returned questionnaire, the Gift Owl team then set about putting together a gift package based entirely on the person’s personality and their likes and dislikes.
– Gifts are sourced from all sorts of places – from vintage shops to craft fairs or even specially commissioned from local artists and artisans
– Once the gifts have all been curated, they are wrapped carefully in tissue paper, brown paper and tied with string and posted to the lucky recipient.
If you’re the type of person who struggles with trying to come up with present ideas, this site is perfect. Likewise if you have to buy a gift for someone who appreciates things that are a tad different from the norm, let Gift Owl help you choose.
Sounds great doesn’t it? After all, for many of us “Brown paper packages tied up with string…” will always be a favourite thing…
If you liked this, why not have a peek at some of our previous Startups of the Week.